Community Recipes: Baked Mentaiko Kani Sushi Rice by Eileen @crappysotong
Baked Mentaiko Kani Sushi Rice
- Metal Baking Pan (8 x 5.5")
- 1 rice-cup Uncooked short-grain white rice , ½ rice cooker cup
- ½ tbsp. Alchemy Fibre™ For Rice , approx. 8g
- 3100 g Imitation crab meat , shredded
- 1 sac Mentaiko (pollock roe) , scraped out from sac
- 2-3 tbsp. Kewpie Half Calorie Japanese Mayonnaise
- Furikake (mentaiko or normal) , for garnish
- Small seaweed pieces , for garnish
Wash rice and add Alchemy Fibre™ For Rice into the rice and water and cook using a rice cooker as per normal.
While the rice is cooking, prepare the mentaiko-crab meat mixture. In a medium bowl, mix shredded Surimi imitation crab meat with mentaiko and Kewpie mayonnaise. Set aside.
Once rice is cooked, spread the rice in a 8 x 5.5” metal tray evenly and lightly press down to the bottom of the tray.
Add the mentaiko-crab meat mixture and spread evenly on the rice.
Bake in the oven at 200 degree Celsius for approximately 15-20 minutes on the top rack.
Sprinkle on furikake and drizzle on more Kewpie mayonnaise in a zig-zag pattern for best aesthetics. Finish with another sprinkle of furikake.
Scoop a portion of the baked sushi rice and wrap it with a piece of seaweed. Enjoy!